Hydraulic Line Pressure- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Hydraulic Line Pressure

I feel bad creating a while new thread just so I can ask a single simple question, but I'm curious.

Does anyone know what kinds of pressures are present in the hydraulic lines on disk brakes?

Just curious as I haven't seen any numbers.

Thanks,
    JEM

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jem1305
    I feel bad creating a while new thread just so I can ask a single simple question, but I'm curious.

Does anyone know what kinds of pressures are present in the hydraulic lines on disk brakes?

Just curious as I haven't seen any numbers.

Thanks,
    JEM

840 kPa to 2520 kPa

121 psi to 365 psi

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thats higher than I would have thought! thanks for answering my question!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    My compliments to you. Starting your own thread is the way it is supposed to be done. Too many of us just jump on someone else's thread and take it in our own direction.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr
    My compliments to you. Starting your own thread is the way it is supposed to be done. Too many of us just jump on someone else's thread and take it in our own direction.
    Yeah too many people hijack threads now a days. Anyone else have problems with thread jackers?

Never trust a fart
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I hate hijackers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    i know this question is not really related to the opening post, but do you guys think Tiger really went out on his wife? I personally don't believe it, but what do I know......I would love to hear other's opinions..

mtbr member
    Hes great

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Heh, you guys are really funny! To gmcttr thanks, its totally got to be disheartening for some people to get their thread hijacked before they even get their answer. Fortunately for the rest of us I really had a simple question for which there was a simple answer so... Free for all!!!

As for the tiger question... something seriously strange had happened there... I honestly don't think that he was cheating on his wife, but with the police report making it sound non drug related, his wife trying to keep things so quiet, and him not showing up at the chevron open you do kind of have to wonder about things.

As for hijacking again, its totally annoying sometimes. I don't care in this case! maybe i should change the thread title to "hijack my thread"! its been done with books and cd's before, why not a thread on a forum. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by jem1305; 12-07-2009 at 01:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jem1305
    Thats higher than I would have thought! thanks for answering my question!
    Looked like a lot when I first saw it but come to think of it, actually pretty low. If you look at your brake lever, the leverage arm to your fingers is probably 3x longer than to the master cylinder and I'm pretty sure you can at least get 30lbs of grip from your 2 fingers. 3x30 = 90lbs at your master cylinder, and it sure as hell is not 1sq inch (hayes hfx mag is about the size of a pinkie, and that's a big one) - 1/4 of it at the most so that there is already 360psi.

Members who have read this thread: 0