HS 33 issues (Magura - mod title edit)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005

HS 33 issues (Magura - mod title edit)

So after return from a six month hiatus from pedaling (Thank you Uncle Sam...), I find my HS 33 front has mysteriously lost all pressure. I cant find a leak or defect in the system itself, and it wont take any more fluid. Can the line be blocked? I cant figure anything out, and the Magura tech guide is less than helpful. Anyone have an inspiration?

There's no app for this.

check over in

the Brake forum there're a few HS guys there. And Maggie support will bail you out in a fix, just email them.

if they aren't old, they have a 5 year warranty to hold fluid.

Cheers, Jim

Bend, OR
    So you pull the lever back to the bar and the pads don't move?

When you say you can't add any more fluid, do you mean you literally can't force any more in or it's just full already?

Never had a problem like this with mine, sounds pretty strange. Tried playing with the tpa at all?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thats exactly it; no pad movement, no resistance on lever at all.
    I cant force any in, but I havent really tried to force it. Just stuck the syringe in and pushed. It should go right in and flow out the vent tube, right? It doesnt even go in, just overflows.
    TPA is all the way clockwise...
    I have the feeling I am missing something really simple.

mtbr member
    You could give the Avid method a try.....fill your syringe half full, attach it to the master cylinder, then pull out on the plunger to create a vacuum. If there is air in the line it should be sucked into the syringe. When you release the plunger fluid will flood back into the master cylinder.

A wheelist
    Check the Quickbleed info on my Magura Cult Pages and tell me what results you get.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have pad movement now...and very little tension. I think I have isolated a leak in the line, where it enters the blade lever.
    I got an email back from Magura, but have not gotten a reply to the reply I sent them yet.

BTW, Mike, your site is great. Totally clarified alot of questions I had. Now if I can just get the things dialed in again...

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by JAL67
    I have pad movement now...and very little tension. I think I have isolated a leak in the line, where it enters the blade lever.
    I got an email back from Magura, but have not gotten a reply to the reply I sent them yet.
    BTW, Mike, your site is great. Totally clarified alot of questions I had. Now if I can just get the things dialed in again...
    Do you know why it's leaking? Probably you can just replace the olive (cut line, install new olive; it's all on the site) and do a Quickbleed (on my site too) and you're off & running.

Maybe you can just tighten the gland nut too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Gland nut?

A wheelist
    Gland nut?
    Woops, Magura call it the "sleeve nut" - the nut that joins the line to the M/C and compresses the olive. They have different names in different fields.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Okay, tightened the sleeve nut (I gotta get a torque wrench...) and bled them twice. All is working so far, wish me luck!
    This was interesting, as it was the first maintenance on them I have performed in 4 years (Outside of pad changes)...

Thanks to all for your inputs. Mike, watch for my cult application!

A wheelist
    I gotta get a torque wrench
    Pardon meeee!

Thanks to all for your inputs. Mike, watch for my cult application!
    Okey Dokey.

Members who have read this thread: 0