hope mono mini help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

hope mono mini help

Rear brake is very tight. I have taken the caliper off and spread thre pads but the brakes are still very tight. No space between pads and rotors and imposible to set up with out drag. Please help. The brakes are very tight, no play in the lever (no modulation).

Pivoteer
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidas 119
    Rear brake is very tight. I have taken the caliper off and spread thre pads but the brakes are still very tight. No space between pads and rotors and imposible to set up with out drag. Please help. The brakes are very tight, no play in the lever (no modulation).
    This is usually a sign of an overfilled system with brake fluid. Rotate your lever to level, remove the master cyclinder cover, then spread the pads. Some fluid will come out so be prepared to catch it with a rag. Replace the cover and clean well with alcohol.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    This is usually a sign of an overfilled system with brake fluid. Rotate your lever to level, remove the master cyclinder cover, then spread the pads. Some fluid will come out so be prepared to catch it with a rag. Replace the cover and clean well with alcohol.
    my thoughts exactly.

Members who have read this thread: 0