hope floating rotors question- Mtbr.com
    yorkshire mud monkey

hope floating rotors question

ive just ordered some new floating rotors from hope, front is 203mm and rear is 183mm.
    what iam wanting to know is will it be ok with a rockshox tora as i know they have had some issues with some forks.
    as steve said "As long as the rotor/rivets clears the fork, a miss is as good as a mile"

Meh.
    Darts could not run large rotors, the Tora is cleared for up to 210mm.

Unless you are super heavy, you shouldn't need 203mm rotors, or you've got the wrong fork/bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sausagedog
    ive just ordered some new floating rotors from hope, front is 203mm and rear is 183mm.
    what iam wanting to know is will it be ok with a rockshox tora as i know they have had some issues with some forks.
    Are you referring to the problem of the "rivet" joining the pieces of the rotor hitting part of the fork...commonly the post mount?

yes, this occurred on my fox vanilla. i was able to file a minimal amount of material off the post so it would not scrape. you cannot see it after mounting and it was not enough to compromise strength

yorkshire mud monkey
    ok it might be over kill but just bling it up a bit.
    as steve said "As long as the rotor/rivets clears the fork, a miss is as good as a mile"

Members who have read this thread: 0