Hope Floating+ Centerlock Adapter- Mtbr.com
    aka bOb

Hope Floating+ Centerlock Adapter

I know there have been a few posts saying yes you can and no you can't but just wondering if anyone is running Hope floating rotors with centerlock adapters?

Thanks....

...idios...
    The Problem Solvers adaptor won't work because of the clamp-on style. Hope floaters have a recess in the center mount and the clamp section of the adaptor will not fit into it...

2pcrear.jpg

The DT Swiss adaptor has potential to work because it may fit inside the recess, as might the Shimano or Alligator adaptor. I can't comment further on those as I have no experience, but the Problem Solvers adaptor is out of the question.
    Last edited by SteveUK; 11-15-2009 at 09:28 AM.

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    DT swiss adaptor works fine on my friends bike,she uses xtr wheel set with dt swiss centerlock adaptor for her hope mini x2 pink brake set.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    DT swiss will not fit 183mm rotor (pictured above) without reducing the outside diameter. I used my drillpress and a file to take off about 1mm so it would fit the recess in the rotor. I still have a clearance issue with my XTR 20mm hub and Fox van36. the rotor rubs the lower caliper mount...thinking of filing it down a bit. Tried xtr rotor w/ Hope tech x2 and had lots of squealing noise and pads getting glazed. hoping to make hope rotors work.
    BTW...the smaller 160 mm rotors work fine w/dt swiss adapter.

Members who have read this thread: 4