Hope 5 pads?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Hope 5 pads?

Levi Early

Hope 5 pads?

I searched through this site, I have searched through Hope's website and a few other sites but I have failed to locate exactly what pads my Hope 5 brakes use. They almost look similar to the mini pads but I am not certain. Can anyone confirm that these would work or point me in the right direction of what pads do work with my brakes? It is almost time for new pads and I seriously feel like this guy after searching.

Thank you in advance.

...idios...
    There's no such thing as a Hope 5; hence your troubles. My guess is that you have a Mini, Mono Mini or M4 with a No.5 caliper. Is the caliper a two-piece silver one, or black with one or two gold caps?

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

Levi Early
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveUK
    There's no such thing as a Hope 5; hence your troubles. My guess is that you have a Mini, Mono Mini or M4 with a No.5 caliper. Is the caliper a two-piece silver one, or black with one or two gold caps?
    I believe it is the 2 piece silver one. It has a 5 stamped on it. I can get a picture later and post it up for confirmation.

...idios...
    Does it look like this (link)? If so, here's a link to the pads you need.
    Last edited by SteveUK; 11-23-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Levi Early

That is what is on my bike and it looks identical to the link that you posted. I really appreciate the help with this. Thank you again.

...idios...
    Yep, the pads I linked in my previous post are the correct ones for your brake. Good to see it still going strong!! For possible future reference, here's a link to a full rebuild/overhaul.

Diogenes

Levi Early
    Yep, the pads I linked in my previous post are the correct ones for your brake. Good to see it still going strong!! For possible future reference, here's a link to a full rebuild/overhaul.

Thank you very much! I will be needing that rebuild after winter. The reason I did not know what exactly these were is I bought them off a friend last year and he gave me no details on them. I am glad that I now know what to get for pads and service.

One other question I feel dumb for asking, I have the international standard set up and not post mount correct? Disc brakes are sort of new to me as I was set on v-brakes forever until now lol

...idios...
    One other question I feel dumb for asking, I have the international standard set up and not post mount correct?
    I figure it's better to be dumb and ask questions than to just remain dumb. Anyway, you're correct - that's an IS caliper you have there.

Diogenes

Levi Early
    I figure it's better to be dumb and ask questions than to just remain dumb. Anyway, you're correct - that's an IS caliper you have there.
    thank you yet again. I figure it doesnt hurt to ask questions because how else are you going to learn?

btw the rebuild you wrote up is amazing!

...idios...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnicolas
    thank you yet again. I figure it doesnt hurt to ask questions because how else are you going to learn?
    Precisely. You're most welcome for the help, too; no trouble at all.

Diogenes

Members who have read this thread: 0