mtbr member

Hayes V7 rotor with BB7

I just put a new bike on order with BB7s and want to upgrade to a 185mm rotor before I get it.

The impression that I get is that the Hayes V7 rotor would be a better performer than another Roundagon (and is cheaper). Is this true?

Also, which adapter would I need? The "V6 - Rear Int Std to 6"" adapter would work for a 7" rotor up front, correct? For some reason they have also "V7 - 74/7" adapter, IS-Front/51mm (100mm QR)" adapter costs a bunch more. I thought they should do the same thing? I think I might just order the Avid adapter and sand 1mm or so off the washers

Thanks

mtbr member
    Turns out it is cheaper for me to order a brand new BB7 w/ 185mm rotor for the front and sell my BB7 160mm on craigs than to order order a new rotor and adapter and be left with a 160mm Roundagon that I could only sell for a few $$

ride hard take risks
    Hay boomn I dont recall all the rear to front adapter stuff but many times they will interchange. I have a bin with adapters & just fish through till I find one that fits. You dont have to use the special washers Avid supplies you can either bolt it to the adapter or space it with plain washers.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Too late! I just ordered a complete 185mm BB7 and will sell the current one

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    Too late! I just ordered a complete 185mm BB7 and will sell the current one
    I started responding but just got Dish installed & forgot to finish came back 1 hour later an It suxz that you can buy a complete set up for less then the individual components.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Members who have read this thread: 0