mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Formula oro puro v Marta SL?

I'm currently thinking of switching brakes, I'm using J7's now with 185+160 rotors but am wondering if the grass is greener elsewhere

Anybody used both the oro (puro) and the Marta (SL)?
    How do they compare?
    I know the weight is very close, the puro looks to have a better, tougher, hose than the Marta but the marta's get very good reviews?
    Is it worth looking at J7 carbons, not sure they are that different to the std J7 TBH other than a small weight saving? The Marta and puro save a significant amount of weight compared to a std J7 without loosing any performance if all the reviews are to be believed.
    Also I can buy the puro and the Marta SL in 180/160 for more or less the same price in europe.

Thanks for any light shed on this
    "We're here for a good time not a long time"
    Colin McRae 1968-2007

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul5s
    I'm currently thinking of switching brakes, I'm using J7's now with 185+160 rotors but am wondering if the grass is greener elsewhere

Anybody used both the oro (puro) and the Marta (SL)?
    How do they compare?
    I know the weight is very close, the puro looks to have a better, tougher, hose than the Marta but the marta's get very good reviews?
    Is it worth looking at J7 carbons, not sure they are that different to the std J7 TBH other than a small weight saving? The Marta and puro save a significant amount of weight compared to a std J7 without loosing any performance if all the reviews are to be believed.
    Also I can buy the puro and the Marta SL in 180/160 for more or less the same price in europe.

Thanks for any light shed on this
    i've never tried MartaSL's. i've got a set of Oro K24's, same as the Puros only doesn't have the weight shaving titanium/carbon. These brakes remind me VERY MUCH of juicy 7's-the calipers appear similar and the adjustments are similar. But these feel better-more modulation for sure.

i used to run hope 200 front and 180 rear and the 160 K24's are more powerful than the hopes. absolutely NO disc warpage or rubbage. the discs are very high quality. the levers absoultely rock!

Of course i would get the puro if i had the money, but seems frivolous to spend like that when i have another bike build in the works!

Members who have read this thread: 0