Elixer Lever help/advice/question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Elixer Lever help/advice/question

I finally bled my Avid Elixer R's. Brand new they always had some lever mush. Now that they have been bled, the levers aren't mushy any more. So that's a good thing.

My question/problem is that even with the levers adjusted all the way in, they still engage too quickly, such that when they engage they are too far from the bar and my finger gets very tired and sore. I am used to (and love) my BB7's and have the levers braking much closer to the grip, which is way easier on my hand.

Is there anything that can be done? If I remove fluid, I don't want to be adding air...

Help?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

[My daughter wanted to play a little]

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Pull the caliper off and push the pads all the way out. It should reset the pad location.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by myarmisonfire
    Pull the caliper off and push the pads all the way out. It should reset the pad location.
    Is that really the problem?

I'm just messing with you
    Do the Elixir R's have the bite adjustment? If so, that'll move the engagement point closer to the bar. Never mind, re-read your original post and see you've used the adjustment - and checked Avid's site and the R doesn't have the contact point (bite) adjustment

I've seen posts about Avids with too much fluid in them too - causing the pads to not retract all the way. Maybe search for those and see if that helps you.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

Members who have read this thread: 0