Ebay BB7s?...- Mtbr.com

Thread: Ebay BB7s?...

mtbr member

Ebay BB7s?...

I'm building up a new commuter and want to go with Avid BB7s. The auctions I have been watching have been running upwards of $80 for a complete set (rotors, calipers, hardware) whether the set is new or used. Would I be wise to wait until after Christmas with the hope that prices may dip with increased supply (people swapping out their old discs for what Santa brought) or is this pretty much the going rate? I have not been watching component prices over the past couple years so I'm not sure how holiday shopping may be affecting the prices I see.

Thanks in advance!
    Ventana El Rey - 3x9
    Schwinn High Plains w/ drop bars - 3x8
    Surly Ogre - Alfine 8/SS

Old man on a bike
    Quote Originally Posted by zanq
    I'm building up a new commuter and want to go with Avid BB7s. The auctions I have been watching have been running upwards of $80 for a complete set (rotors, calipers, hardware) whether the set is new or used. Would I be wise to wait until after Christmas with the hope that prices may dip with increased supply (people swapping out their old discs for what Santa brought) or is this pretty much the going rate? I have not been watching component prices over the past couple years so I'm not sure how holiday shopping may be affecting the prices I see.

Thanks in advance!
    $80 a set with shipping included is pretty much the best I've seen on ebay, and sometimes you can even get the larger rotors at this pricepoint. I don't know if you'll see much difference due to xmas shopping tho...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Never trust a fart
    That is a pretty good price. 2 years ago I picked up my set of BB7s with 185 rotors F/R for $125 shipped.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Thanks in advance!
    If you are talking about two wheels worth, it is a good deal. You you are looking at used brakes remember that you will likely need to replace the pads soon--if not right away--at $15-20/wheel.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

What could go wrong ...
    pricepoint has them new for $80 a pair 160mm and 185-203mm
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoke2
    pricepoint has them new for $80 a pair 160mm and 185-203mm
    straight up!!
    don't hassle w/ fleabay if ya can go another route
    Last edited by highdelll; 12-05-2009 at 12:40 AM.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

2010 RockHopper Comp Disc
    Aug 2009
    didn't the 2008 model have a problem with it, I remember reading it some-place here.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverTail
    didn't the 2008 model have a problem with it, I remember reading it some-place here.
    Hmmm,,,
    never heard about that...I have the 2008s and they are super

-curious if ya can find the thread...
    Honestly... ahh I give up

What could go wrong ...
    I have an old original set (2000) and an 08 set of BB7s and I have never had any probs with them ... and Ive never heard of any probs with them ... but im sure someone can find a thread on it
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    That was the reason I was asking; I've been seeing them listed NEW at online stores (e.g. Pricepoint) then see them for the same price at Ebay, probably not the same model year but 08/09/10 seem to be very similar. Thanks for the replies!
    Ventana El Rey - 3x9
    Schwinn High Plains w/ drop bars - 3x8
    Surly Ogre - Alfine 8/SS

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    That was the reason I was asking; I've been seeing them listed NEW at online stores (e.g. Pricepoint) then see them for the same price at Ebay, probably not the same model year but 08/09/10 seem to be very similar. Thanks for the replies!
    The only difference between the '08 and the '09/'10 is the latter include the brackets for front and rear use. With the '08 you have to get the front or rear package.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Members who have read this thread: 0