correct goodridge lines for juicy 7- Mtbr.com
    what nice teeth you have

correct goodridge lines for juicy 7

When I had my bike built the shop guy had to cut the rear brake line to shorten it.(Mar 06) The bike would go about 3 days of riding before the rear line needed bled. (Front brake is fine) It got worse as time went by so I figured the line was screwed up from the shop guy messing up the cut job. Bought the goodridge lines from price point. Noticed two stickers on the box. One said XT brakes the other said ? (don't remember) The box also had the product code of 108 on it. I thought it was odd so I looked online and noticed other vendors were selling the goodridge line with product code 110 for the juicy 7. The goodridge website was only a little bit of help. The catalogue they have their is definitly old and out of date. I installed the lines and have two days of riding on them. They are soft when I get off the lift but if I pump them about 6-12 times they regain their firmness and are good for the rest of the run. I can't help but think that they sent me the wrong line though and can't help but wonder if I can still get better performance out of the brake. I am thinking of either buying the 110's, sending the whole brake into avid for repair, or just buying a whole new rear brake.

3 "fiddy" for short
    The lines wouldnt be the problem as much as the fittings. The kit you need depends on the year brake that you have. I'm pretty sure that I have th 108 kit on my juicys.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nadinno78
    They are soft when I get off the lift but if I pump them about 6-12 times they regain their firmness and are good for the rest of the run.
    This sounds like air in the line. Maybe you just need a more thorough bleed.

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by nadinno78
    When I had my bike built the shop guy had to cut the rear brake line to shorten it.(Mar 06) The bike would go about 3 days of riding before the rear line needed bled. (Front brake is fine) It got worse as time went by so I figured the line was screwed up from the shop guy messing up the cut job. Bought the goodridge lines from price point. Noticed two stickers on the box. One said XT brakes the other said ? (don't remember) The box also had the product code of 108 on it. I thought it was odd so I looked online and noticed other vendors were selling the goodridge line with product code 110 for the juicy 7. The goodridge website was only a little bit of help. The catalogue they have their is definitly old and out of date. I installed the lines and have two days of riding on them. They are soft when I get off the lift but if I pump them about 6-12 times they regain their firmness and are good for the rest of the run. I can't help but think that they sent me the wrong line though and can't help but wonder if I can still get better performance out of the brake. I am thinking of either buying the 110's, sending the whole brake into avid for repair, or just buying a whole new rear brake.
    #108 is correct for 05' and later brakes. Pre-05' ones use kit #109. I believe #110 is fine also, if I'm not mistaken the #110 fittings are the same, they just changed some of the numbering because they started selling them with 1650mm hose instead of having two different lengths (front & rear specific).

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    I just got some new ultimates and 108 kits. However, just trying to work out how to bleed the caliper? The bolt that goes through the bango to secure it to the caliper does not have the little bleed grub screw..

Any help would be great please?

what nice teeth you have
    Had the same issue and used the original juicy 7 bolt. Take the new o-ring(s) off the goodridge bolt and put them on the old bolt. Then use the old bolt with the bleed ports on them.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hey guys.

The CRC internet site (GB) sells bulk goodridge hose a lot cheaper than the complete kit.
    Is it possible to use all the old connectors ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    the goodridge connectors are designed to be reusable although I would inspect the alloy ones carefully, as a few people have managed to break them during installation. not sure if thats the fault of the fittings though.
    Last edited by slidecontrol; 08-04-2008 at 01:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks guys. I get different (even opposite) answers in different threads ... Confusing ...
    But, my concern was about re-use the avid stock fittings, not goodridge.

Anyway, I found those in my garage ; What do you think ?

Thanks.
    Vincent.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    its hard to tell if those will work from the pic, they have the g/ridge style twin threaded tails though.

yes you can reuse the avid hardware on goodridge hose though, but you will need a new olive. and maybe a barb for each end depending if you can get the old barb out with out damaging it. It will also be hard work getting an avid olive over the steel braid as the avid one is solid. I ended up using a jagwire one as they have a split, allowing you to lever it open wide enough to get around the ends of the braid wires.

Members who have read this thread: 0