Ceramic 3xLife pads- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Ceramic 3xLife pads

Yup. Used 'em for a few rides. They faded like crazy. Took 'em off and put 'em in my parts cabinet, where they sit to this day. I think I have two sets with a couple rides on them, and two sets of new. All you have to do is drive by to pick them up. They're for Juicy 7's.

mtbr member
    thanks for the info. they sounded so promising.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Oy! And I purchased 4 pairs hoping that these pads would fix the squealing on my BB7's. The squealing is now to a bare and tolerable minimum. It's interesting to note that you've experienced brake fade, RustyIron, since the 3xLife pads are supposed to dissipate heat better (due to the ceramic content) and heat buildup is one of the causes of brake fade. The 3xLife pads may be all hype. I may end up looking for another solution to the squealing if I experience brake fade as well.
    -Greg
    Lynskey Ridgeline 29-SL, Truvativ Hammerschmidt, Cannondale Lefty 29er SL w/ DLR (Project321 adaptor). 26 lbs.

nnn
    mtbr member
    I don't know about fade, but these pads really did last 3x as long on my Avid BB7. They also braked about 1/3 as well as the stock pads.... Don't think I'll be buying these again.
    "Life begins at 140" Richard Burns
    http://www.nikolay-k.com

Members who have read this thread: 0