Caliper clearance with Avid BBDB and new fork?- Mtbr.com
    ah...oh yeah..i forgot
    Jan 2004

New question here. Caliper clearance with Avid BBDB and new fork?

So I just got my new Manitou Black last night and I installed the Avid disc brake onto it. I put the front wheel into the dropouts to check for alignment etc... and after I got things all set up, I noticed that there is only about 2mm of clearance between the inside pad adjustment knob and my spokes. Does this present any problems? My main concern is that the spokes will flex under load and wind up scraping or catching on the adjustment knob. Is there any way to increase this clearance? I pulled the brakes off my Duke fork, and I had about 5-6mm of clearance on that. Is this issue something that is unique to Manitou and their post mount system? Anybody that has any input or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

thanks
    mike

Crank monkey

Upset I've had no problems with mine.

I've been using Avid mechs with my 02 Black, and no probs. I don't even know what the clearance is - it's never been an issue. I can't even go check now, since my fork is in for a rebuild - lousy bushings!

Either way, if your spokes are flexing 2 mm, you probably have bigger problems.
    Cheers,
    Smytty

Members who have read this thread: 0