mtbr member
    Dec 2005

brake uprgrade suggestions...

ok guys, i think i might be upgrading my hayes xc 9s soon and have narrowed to juicy 7s, magura louise or maybe the shimano saint 8's because the price is nice. i do plenty of tech.xc, some downhill and a little xc and epics. so im in the market for a do it all brake system that wont give me too much trouble and has lots of bite. lets hear what you guys suggest.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I would recommend tha Avid Juicy 7's. If you set them up right they are an excellent brake.

banned
    Sep 2005
    J7s or, if you've got the budget, Formula K24s have been getting good reviews.

mtbr member
    The Louise FR are an amazing brake, and I have heard Magura customer service is very good (cant confirm, never had a problem with their product....)

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by robdamanii
    J7s or, if you've got the budget, Formula K24s have been getting good reviews.
    ya the reviews seem good. anyone have anything bad to say about the k24s? ive never really heard of formula brakes but i always like to try something new. these i will definitely consider. so pls add these to the comparison, formula k24s.

Ricky

Still on Training Wheels!
    I just ordered some XT's(F&R) which are basicaly the same as saints and some 8 inch XT rotors from these guys for $160 shipped. Best deal I could find on a good brake. I havn't recived the brakes yet so I can't give you a review, but they should be hear today.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin/...uery=retrieval
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

Meh.
    Juicy 7s are amazing when properly set up. I believe Formula designed the Juicys for Avid.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    so far im liking the formulas from what people are saying. im just gonna wait a little bit more to see if anyone else will chime in.

ride hard take risks
    Hayes HFX-Mag with Galfer rotors.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Juicy 7s are amazing when properly set up. I believe Formula designed the Juicys for Avid.
    I think Greg posted in another thread that formula designed or produced the original Juicy (not sure which) before they went to the single pinch bolt handlebar design in 02 or 03. I'll see if I can find that one.

On topic, I know there is at least one or two people on here who are running formulas, and they seem to like them so far.

Members who have read this thread: 0