which brake?- Mtbr.com

Thread: which brake?

Phil
    Apr 2007

which brake?

ok so i wanna get a hydrualic disc brake that is light and is really powerful(trials). so the forumula oro puro seems really nice and i dont know what to get. maybe stroker? i also think that the formulas seem to be the lightest out there.
    please let me know thanks(money isnt really an issue(work at bikeshop))

mtbr member
    If money isn't an issue then the Formulas are the only way to go. I just got the oro bianco GM LTD on my bike, that replaced my '02 Hayes Mags. the Oro's are not only much lighter but they are actually more powerful than the mags!

banned
    Hope makes a Trials-specific brake you might want to look into.

Meh.
    If you're doing a lot of trialsy stuff, you might want to look into hydro rim brakes instead. There are some v-brake setups that will lock up that wheel real fast. Magura hydro rim brakes are crazy powerful. It's pinched a rim shut on me before.

A lot of trials frames don't have disc tabs. Those sort of moves tend to put a lot of stress on those tabs, and they can snap off. Plus if you put that rear wheel down in the wrong place... say bye bye to your rotor.

Phil
    Apr 2007

mags

i know about the magurass... lol im using one in the rear. its not very convenient to slow down with a mag up front though. hydraulic disc much easier to slow down imo. anyways yeah the hopes specific are heavier but i cant get them at the shop i work at : (
    Last edited by blkmrkt91; 10-17-2007 at 07:17 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0