Bleeder nipple leaking- Mtbr.com
    Pivoteer

Bleeder nipple leaking

On my Hope V2s. Both front and back. I have tightened down the nipple, and a very minimal amont of fluid is still coming out through the hole. Can the nipples be over-tightened? I noticed today the front rubber nipple cover was damp from fluid.

Strange, or normal?
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    is it leaking with a hard lever pull? squeeze the lever hard and hold it, watch the nipple, is it leaking?

Pivoteer
    Quote Originally Posted by reptilezs
    is it leaking with a hard lever pull? squeeze the lever hard and hold it, watch the nipple, is it leaking?

I just gave it 2 dozen or so as hard lever pulls and nothing that I can see. I held a clean, blue paper towel around the nipple...and nothing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    sounds ok. ive never really seen leaky bleed nips. some dot fluid does sometimes stay in the tube of the bleed nip after a bleed though. dot fluid also has a distinct feel to it, you sure its not water?

Pivoteer
    Quote Originally Posted by reptilezs
    sounds ok. ive never really seen leaky bleed nips. some dot fluid does sometimes stay in the tube of the bleed nip after a bleed though. dot fluid also has a distinct feel to it, you sure its not water?
    Definately fluid, I try to blow out any excess fluid from the bleeder after a bleed to avoid this. Maybe I missed some.

...idios...
    The hole in the nipple runs all the way down to the other end, so it'll hold a relatively large amount of fluid. After a bleed, I usually twist a piece of tissue paper into a tight point, which I then push down into the nipple to absorb the excess fluid.

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

Members who have read this thread: 0