Bike Upgrades- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bike Upgrades

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Bike Upgrades

I just bought a 2007 specialized FSR xc and i was just wondering what you guys thought should be my first upgrades to it. I was thinking disc brakes but now i think im gonna wait on that, and i was also thinking about a bigger front tire like 2.35 or so. Anyways any suggestions would be cool.

...idios...
    Just go out and ride it, lots. Once you get to grips with the components you have and start to see their (and your own) limitations, then start asking questions about what to upgrade. All the time, though, mak sure that your gears and brakes are set up properly and that you have suitable air pressure in your tyres. Did your shop set up the suspension for you when you bought the bike?

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

Brant-C.
    i'd just go ride. get a feel for the whole bike. get it tuned as soon as you feel something not right. and ask lots of questions and look at all the cool stuff in the bike shop while your asking.
    I just like riding my mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    ya they put the bike together for me. Im gonna take it in for a tune before a hit the hill this weekend. Ive only had the bike about a week so i wanna make sure that everything is good to go. What do u think are some of the thing s i should watch for when the tune the bike?

Brant-C.
    well, after 30 days you're supposed to take the bike back in to get tuned because that's about the break-in period for derailleur cables stretching, if you have brake cables as opposed to hydraulic, the brake cables will stretch also. they should check all your bolts. valve stems on your wheels/tires are straight up and down and not at an angle. check your chain and lube it. make sure your wheels are still true.

just some stuff off the top of my head.

every week i try to "wiggle" parts of the bike to make sure everything is tight and just a good overall glance on the components to make sure nothing looks out of the ordinary.
    I just like riding my mountain bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0