Best hydraulic hoses for Juicy's- Mtbr.com
    Front Range Cyclist

Best hydraulic hoses for Juicy's

I'm getting a set of Juicy 7's here in the next month off a friend. Thing is he's a small guy and I'm a tall guy so the hoses will be too short. So thought it'll be a great excuse to try some fancy dancy aftermarket hydraulic hose.

So, since i have to replace the hoses, what would everyone recommend?

Thanks in advance.
    In the immortal words of Socrates..."I drank what?"

Facebook.com/monstercrosser
    Twitter: @monstercrosser

3 "fiddy" for short
    It depends on who you talk to, but some will say that the steel braided hoses like the Goodridge variety provide better braking performance than the stock hoses. I dont know yet since I havnt replaced mine, but when I do Im going to get the Goodridge hoses to see how they work out. One thing that I can attest to is that the stock fittings on the Juicys are on the fragile side and a guy I know that has the Goodridges (ss) talked about how much more durrable the fittings are.

When I replace mine I am going to get the Stainless fittings since they seem to be (according to others) stronger.

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by juansevo
    I'm getting a set of Juicy 7's here in the next month off a friend. Thing is he's a small guy and I'm a tall guy so the hoses will be too short. So thought it'll be a great excuse to try some fancy dancy aftermarket hydraulic hose.

So, since i have to replace the hoses, what would everyone recommend?

Thanks in advance.
    One thing you can do if they are too short is take the rear hose and use it on the front, that way you only need to replace one of them.

Check out the Goodridge hose kits. They are really nice. I can't say that I felt a huge difference in feel between the stock Hayes hose that I replaced, but they are definitely more durable. The fittings are nicer than what the Juicies have (stainless on Goodridge vs brittle aluminum on the Juicy).

Members who have read this thread: 0