BB7's vs. Juicy 5's vs. Deore hydro- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

BB7's vs. Juicy 5's vs. Deore hydro

which one. previously had bb7's and were great. definately the best mechanical i have ever tried. super simple very strong and fantastic adjustability. the disk bends easily though.
    would shimano deores be any better than the bb7's. or should i spring for the juicy 5's. i ride dj's and light freeride like step ups and drop offs so am a little worried about breaking levers on a hydro and tearing hoses so am also considering staying with bb7's. what you guys/gals think. sorry if this has been covered before. i did a quick search nothing substantial though
    i ride my bi*ch hard

Meh.
    If you liked the BB7s and didn't have any issues, then just stick with it.

The Deore is a good inexpensive brake,

J5s can be finicky to set up... I guess. I've had 3 sets of J7s and set up dozens of others. I've never had an issue.

customized
    Sep 2003
    I'd run any of the three. Be sure the Juicy's are set up primo or you could have issues with noise.

The BB7s are great brakes, you just need to adjust them more often.

mtbr member
    Shimanos FTW. I've got a pair of 5 year old Deore hydros that are still kicking. They feel way better than the Juicys, and require less mainenence than BB7s. Really great brakes for the money.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If you are having good breaking power with the BB7's, why spend the xtra $$ when you know those work great!?!?!? Plus like you said, ya don't want to ruin those hydro lines by pinching them and what not..

mtbr member
    I you want to hydro, LX callipers are $25 each and the levers are half price on Jenson. You won't get a cheaper set up than that. LX callipers come with resin pads but you can use metal pads etc as they use the same pad type as the xts and xtrs. My ones have been great so far.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean-
    If you are having good breaking power with the BB7's, why spend the xtra $$ when you know those work great!?!?!? Plus like you said, ya don't want to ruin those hydro lines by pinching them and what not..
    I don't think he's still got his BB7s- he said "previously." I think new brakes are being purchased regardless.

Members who have read this thread: 0