bb7's to ultimates, argh.- Mtbr.com
    Teen Wolf

bb7's to ultimates, argh.

I ran ultimates on my 26" for a couple years, picked up a 29er this spring which had bb7's on it. I've been hesitating on putting the ultimates on my 29er since that's what I've been riding exclusively since then. I remember the nightmare I had getting them bled properly. To move them to my 29er I'd have to get new hoses.

Yesterday while riding I took a big spill and my bike ended up smashing into a tree as I assaulted the ground with my body. After that my back wheel wasn't spinning, I hiked out, looked at it closer, my wheel needs to be trued but the rotor is MESSED up. I ordered a new one tonight, will have it Friday. In the meantime I decided to get my 26" ready to ride for tomorrow, swapped a cog, aired up the tires and took it for a spin on the street. I couldn't believe how good the hydraulics felt again. It was night and day. I was convinved the bb7's were fine for the 29er and I wouldn't want to swap to the ultimates until tonight. I'm in a pickle, not interested in dealing with the crap that it took to get them setup right the last time, I did everything right, I'm convinced. I've had hayes in the past and they were WAAAY easier to bleed.

What shall I do?! Anyone have any advice on bleeding ultimates?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Get the Avid bleed kit and read the instructions. It's incredibly easy.

Teen Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????
    Get the Avid bleed kit and read the instructions. It's incredibly easy.
    i have it, did it, never seemed to work right. caused quite a few beer filled nights

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Quote Originally Posted by cr45h
    i have it, did it, never seemed to work right. caused quite a few beer filled nights
    I don't like the bleeding instructions in the manual. The procedure in this video seems to work much better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mg6NbIjmOM
    Axle Standards Explained

Founder at North Atlantic Dirt, riding & writing about trails in the northeast.

Teen Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley
    I don't like the bleeding instructions in the manual. The procedure in this video seems to work much better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mg6NbIjmOM
    thanks man, i might take this up in the near future once i get some new hoses.

Members who have read this thread: 0