BB7 vs Juicy- Mtbr.com

Thread: BB7 vs Juicy

mtbr member
    May 2008

BB7 vs Juicy

My current bike has Juicy 7s and I love them (I hated my BB5s on my old bike). I might get a SS bike with BB7s and was wondering how they will compare. Do the BB7s have similar one finger stopping power? Do they feel a lot different than hydraulics?

Based on the reviews, I think I'll be happy with the BB7s. Plus putting hydraulics on a rigid SS seems sacrilegious.

mtbr member
    If you search BB7 Vs. Juicy you'll find that this has been discussed many times before.....you can go wrong either way.

ride for fun
    i have had bb7 and bb5s, didnt notice much stopping difference between the two although the bb7s are a bit easier to adjust.
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    I understand that engineering has value in and of itself. But in the end, it's still just a pile of aluminum tubes.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JSumner13
    If you search BB7 Vs. Juicy you'll find that this has been discussed many times before.....you can go wrong either way.
    I was reading through a previous post and it seemed like a lot of people prefer the BB7s. However, someone commented that they didn't like having one bike with mechanical and the other with hydraulics because they felt too different. So I guess my question is more specifically how different do they feel...enough so where it feels strange switching back and forth between the two?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have an old Bianchi just converted to SS and replaced the front Vs to bb7s (the rear Vs remained). It gets used for a mix of rolling XC, MUP, and street and the bb7s work great for that (although it felt a little weird at first using both the bb7 and a V at the same time).

Slight OT since this is about Juicys, sorry, but FWIW my FS FR rig has Elixir CR hydros with 203mm front/160 rear rotors. It gets used on some fairly technical, steep singletrack where I wouldn't want anything less.

Mechanicals and hydros are different IME but its no big deal switching back and forth between the rides. Both are good for what they do.

Members who have read this thread: 0