BB7 pictures! PLEASE HELP!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

BB7 pictures! PLEASE HELP!

Hello, I am trying to install my first set of dick brakes, and I am having trouble getting the brakes calibrated. Can someone who has disc brakes that are setup correctly please take a birds eye view picture of the rotor location inside the caliber. I just want to see how you have it spaced.

I would really appreciate it if I could get a few pictures thank you.
    -Chris

Bike and Ride Pictures

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Home Trail:
    Blanket Creek (Woodstock, GA)

neutiquam erro
    Well, I could post pics, but I'm not sure how much it will actually help. Not being a smart-@ss here, but are you very carefully following the calibration instructions from either Avid or Park Tools? I was having setup problems a while ago, but I also was half-@ssing some steps, and until I took 'em off and started over completely from scratch and followed the instructions to a "T", I had no success. Now, they work like a champ. But back to the pics... It's going to depend on your set-up. What spacing works for one dude may not work for you (depends on cable tension and how much/little slop you like to have in your brakes). Follow the starting-point recommendations from Avid for pad spacing ratios and then tweak from there. It takes a bit of trial and error. Even when I had it dialed in on the stand and a couple of laps around the parking lot, I still had to fiddle slightly during the first ride on the trails. Be patient. Making sure the caliper was mounted (and aligned) properly was the key for me.

Cheers, Chris

Meh.

mtbr member
    thanks for that link, that helps alot.
    Last edited by ATLien; 01-07-2007 at 06:35 PM.
    -Chris

Bike and Ride Pictures

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Home Trail:
    Blanket Creek (Woodstock, GA)

Members who have read this thread: 0