BB5's Vs. MX2's- Mtbr.com

Thread: BB5's Vs. MX2's

aka bOb

BB5's Vs. MX2's

I am building a bike for my daughter (9 years old) and I picked up a set of Hayes mx2's real cheap and put them on. Now just recently I picked up a set of bb5's real cheap just to sell and make a few bucks, but started thinking I should put them on instead of the Hayes?
    I guess I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with the two and which one would be better or does it really matter?

Thanks.....

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007
    Both brakes probably have a similar stopping power but the BB5's have 2 things that the MX-2's don't have:

1) a barrel adjuster on the caliper which will help tuning the brakes as the pads wear

2) CPS (Central Positioning System) Washers which are stacks of concave and convex washers that allow the caliper to be perfectly aligned with the rotor when setting up the brake, regardless of imperfections in the mounting tabs on the fork or frame, giving you full, square pad contact.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i find cps washers to be more of a hassle than anything. the barrel adjuster is a moot point, the brake levers usually have an adjuster

Really I am that slow
    tool free inner pad adjustment
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

Members who have read this thread: 0