avid lever question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

avid lever question

Hey,
    I'm wonder if any one knows what the purpose is of the lever moving out farther from the bars, over/past the click? The kid at the lbs said it was to give your fingers more room. Room for what? Do all avid hydro levers do this?
    Thanks,
    Andy

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Do you mean move the levers farther in towards the stem?
    It depends on personal preference and doesn't have anything to do with who makes the levers. I have mine in about an inch from the grips and I find this most comfortable for one or two finger braking. Try it out and see if you like it.

I'm just messing with you
    If you mean the way you can push an Avid hydro lever forward past where it is at rest, I figure it's just free play in the system, probably good for preventing some breakage cases.

The reach adjustment is there to allow for different sized hands, but that's pretty obvious I think.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I'm talking about. The avid levers have two positions, in and out from the bars, as in the reach to the lever from the grip. There is a "click" between the two positions. I thought that it could be a method to move the pads away from the disc for wheel removal and installation, but it doesn't seem to be.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    wv bob, yes that's what I'm talking about, the reach adjust is obvious and welcome, it's the other part I'm curious about.

Members who have read this thread: 0