Avid Juicy 7 adjustments knobs- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Avid Juicy 7 adjustments knobs

Don't really work

So, I turn them towards the stem to try to get the pad to engage earlier in my pull but it doesn't seem to have an effect. Also, I am coming off of V brakes and this is my first set of Discs.

I am wondering if the brakes were not bled correctly?

How similar does the pull feel to V brakes. It seems like the brakes are kinda squishy not hard. If I pull hard enough, I can make the lever touch the handle. Is this normal? Oh, the bike is brand new also?

Thanks for any help

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If your brakes aren't broken in yet, then give them a few rides. I just installed some juicy carbons on my cannondale prophet, and I've been riding it for about a week(just around the yard after work, but I been trying to use the breaks alot) and they still aren't fully broken in, but they're coming to. I'd ride them for a few weeks, and the see if they work better(don't ride any trails that will need brakes, because thats dangerous) and if they still don't work good then try getting them bled again.

Meh.
    Sounds like it needs a bleed. Some people claim that the brakes will firm up after bedding. But it still shouldn't be that squishy.

Factory bleeds aren't always the ticket. I like to bleed ALL of my new brakes. Flush that old DOT fluid out and make sure it's done right.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Dang, I don't know how to bleed brakes. I guess I gotta learn. Any tips?

Meh.
    You'll need the Avid bleed kit which comes with fairly thorough instructions.

If it's a new bike, take it to the shop you bought it from.

Members who have read this thread: 0