Avid Elixir Pads like to get a spare set. confused!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Avid Elixir Pads like to get a spare set. confused!

did a search on e bay and came up with a few chooses. i like to get a set for the shelf when needed. which one should i get?i see ceramic ones u thin k they would perform better?

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...d+Elixir+Pads+
    2008 trek 7200
    2010 STUMPJUMPER FSR elite, tubeless =stans added..
    2007 yamaha rhino for the trails

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'm always kind of skeptical of no-name pads. Personally I have never tried them, but I don't plan to. For all things brake related I'm sticking to name brands. Kool-stop, Galfer, even genuine OEM stuff. I think its worth the extra money for the proven name brand.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Avid pads are usually cheaper than the aftermarket ones too. I've never had problems with the Avid stock pads being inherently bad either.....any noise comes from setup not the pad. I've even saved old glazed pads....using a flat knife-sharpening stone, rub the pad to and fro and bingo - a brake surface that looks like an unused pad (downside is you need to bed them into the rotor again)
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

meh....
    I've used the Compound C (Ceramic Pro) pads from bikefridge, though I got them directly from www.discobrakes.com, I think they work really well. Avid Juicy 7's. They squeal a little when wet (don't most all pads?), but only for a few seconds, becoming quiet very quickly, far quicker than stock pads.

Members who have read this thread: 0