Avid Elixir CR calipers on juicy 3 rotors?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Avid Elixir CR calipers on juicy 3 rotors?

I have been having problems with my Juicy 3 system. They have no feel what so ever! I would rather just upgrade at this point. My rotors are relatively new, I was wondering if I could just bolt on the Elixir cr system without upgrading the rotors just yet? I found a "like new" system without rotors for cheap.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    yep...they use the same rotors

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Crap, the person just decided not to sell them anymore. Thanks for the help though! What system can I buy from about 200-250 any recomendations?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    http://cgi.ebay.com/AVID-ELIXIR-CR-S...item2c550589ab

The seller is saying that if purchased you may need adapters. But, I have the original mounts for my juicy 3 setup. Can I just mount the calipers to the juicy three mounts without problem? The seller mentions the different fork measurements does it mean that the calipers mounts are different sizes from standard? I am confused please help!

Fat-tired Roadie
    If he didn't lose anything, he's giving you everything you need for a fork with a post mount and a frame with an IS tab. Avid probably hasn't changed their adapters, though, so it's most likely a non-issue. And like he says, they're a cheap part.

Have you had problems with your brakes in the past? Sooner or later, everything needs to be maintained - as a solution, this seems on par with those stories about Saudi princes throwing away their cars at the first scheduled oil change.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    You can get brand new Elixir Rs for 100 bucks each at most of the online shops like Pricepoint, and Jenson. Some say they actually are less finicky than the CR's since they are more simplistic.

Members who have read this thread: 0