avid code's 07/08 bleeding confused?- Mtbr.com
    PULL

avid code's 07/08 bleeding confused?

So I was bleeding my codes today and had talked to a tech at sram earlier about a few misc things.

The 2007 manual says to dial the red knob all the way to the out position when bleeding the brakes. The tech on the phone said this was wrong and to do the inverse and thread the knob all the way to the in position and back it off one click when bleeding.

Does anyone with a set of the 2008 have the manual that states this?

I am just confused because the tech told me many different conflicting things compared to what they have in writing. He also was telling me to use different oil in my totem which got me ever more confused.

Thanks guys!!!

Meh.
    I've always dialed all the way out and backed in a turn. Dialing it in would change the fluid volume and potentially overfill it.

Your fork takes Rockshox 5wt in the damper I think... which is the exact same (rebranded) as Torco RFF 7wt. The semibath is for lubrication only. I've used motor oil that doesn't contain seal swellers.

PULL
    Hey I knew you would respond will. I followed the sram tech but it did not sound right. Maybe I will call back and get another guy. I was thinking the same thing as you, too much fluid...

The tech was saying the oil bath takes 5wt, but it says 15 in the book....

random!

PULL
    not sure what the guy was smoking...

from the 2008 manual I found

"For models with Pad Contact-Point Adjustment,
    turn it all the way to the out position (not
    pictured)."

Meh.
    But if you turn it all the way to the limit, sometimes there are some issues with bleeding. So you dial it in just a bit.

Yeah, sounds like the dude had no clue. *shrug* Some techs are awesome... others... not so much.

Members who have read this thread: 0