Avid Clean Sweep Rotors G2 Difference??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Avid Clean Sweep Rotors G2 Difference??

Hi guys - new to the forum as I'm new to mountain biking, but I've gone through quite a few upgrades over the past couple years. I'm building an extra set of wheels for my wife (just got her a Myka, and she wants a set of wheels for commuting), and in the process, I accidentally purchased two pairs of Avid G2 rotors. I figured, no big deal, as I got them both for a pretty good price, but I just received them today and noticed that they are slightly different:

The one on the left of the has all the text around the center:

And the one on the right has writing along the spokes that says "G2CS"

So all my Avid Cleansweep rotors at home look like the second one (with the "G2CS" on the spoke), and at first I didn't think it was a big deal, but then I noticed that the vanes actually go in opposite directions! That felt like it were a pretty big change to make in manufacturing.

I just wanted to check with you guys...are they both legitimate rotors? I tried doing a search and couldn't find anything. A Google image search revealed both types of rotors...

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I believe the G2CS is the updated version of the first pic.
    The G2CS was to help get rid of the noise alot of people were getting with the regular G2 rotors, hence the reason for a redesign.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My 1 of a J3, 4 months old looks like the 1 on the right, not enough friction surface on the left 1 for my likings.

interesting.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Ahhh I see...so the one on the left is a G1 cleansweep.

Thanks so much guys!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Well G2 Mk1 the holes where to big causing to much pad vibration, new 1 has a bigger surface area to so it'll cool faster and heat up slower as more material to heat.

Members who have read this thread: 0