Avid Brake Squack and Paragon Sliders- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Avid Brake Squack and Paragon Sliders

Alright folks. I am at a loss here and need some help. My Kona Unit basically has paragon like sliders on it and I am running Avid juicy brakes. They squack so bad the entire frame shivers. I have adjusted and aligned the brakes time and time again. I have had the frame checked for alignment, and I have even swapped out the brake caliper/lever. At this point I am out of options. Any ideas on what might be off here? I have noticed that the rotor moves ever so slightly when I clamp squeeze the brakes, but mostly at the front of the caliper and it is ever so slightly.

Thanks
    RickM

Old man on a bike
    What's a paragon like slider? Is this a front and rear brake issue? If you've already changed the caliper and different ones give you the same issue, look to the mounting post/tabs, perhaps your fork dropout alignment. Maybe your caliper alignment isn't so good (kinda sounds that way from the uneven rotor contact, altho that could be uneven piston movement, too). Maybe your CPS just isn't doing everything you need it to do; maybe you need a shim or some artful use of a Dremel. Are your rotors true?
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    The paragon style dropout is basically a chain tensioning dropout where the disk caliper is mounted to the dropout and the whole unit slides. sooooo rear wheel it is. I will check the alignment again and see what I am missing.

Members who have read this thread: 0