avid 160 and 165 compatibility?- Mtbr.com
    try driving your car less

avid 160 and 165 compatibility?

hi i realized that my two front brakes on 2 bikes are different, one is avid 165 and one is 160. the 165 rotor does not fit in the 160 caliper. is it OK to use a 160 rotor in a caliper that came with a 165 rotor? these are mechanical disc brakes from avid... thanks!
    Only boring people get bored.

Meh.
    No, 2.5mm of the pads will not be making contact with the blade (braking area) of the rotor.

Grind down some of the adapter, or remove some of the CPS stuff (and space as neccesary).

Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    No, 2.5mm of the pads will not be making contact with the blade (braking area) of the rotor.

Grind down some of the adapter, or remove some of the CPS stuff (and space as neccesary).
    thanks. sounds like i should just get a 160 brake and rotor. i want two bikes to have interchangeable front wheels easily.

I looked for a new adaptor, but they seem to be sold as adaptors for 160/165 mm.

Avid has no info on this on their website, and they have no contact info. I wonder if I can just get a 160 rotor and 160 adaptor... or not cost effective...

Meh.
    I thought it was the caliper that is different. 165mm is the old style caliper. Shiggy is more knowledgeable about this. As I said, you can either remove 2.5mms worth of CPS washers, or modify the caliper, or modify the adapter, or some combination of the three.

I thought it was the caliper that is different. 165mm is the old style caliper. Shiggy is more knowledgeable about this. As I said, you can either remove 2.5mms worth of CPS washers, or modify the caliper, or modify the adapter, or some combination of the three.
    aaahhh... OK that makes sense now. same adapter, different caliper. thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0