Anybody done a Magura rebuild through BTI?- Mtbr.com
    Singletrack Mind

Anybody done a Magura rebuild through BTI?

I finally gave up on my Martas after almost 5K miles. They were perfect for years, but have been rubbing constantly for the last thousand miles. The pistons just will not retract enough to clear the rotor. I've played endlessly with shims, bled them several times, bought new rotors, cleaned them with a toothbrush, compressed air, and finally soaked the calipers overnight in Royal Bood to try to loosen up the seals.

Also, the delrin pivots at the levers have worn, and the levers overtravel. All Magura will say is to have an LBS set up a repair with BTI, their service center in the midwest.

Anybody have BTI work on their brakes? I'd rather send them in myself, rather than paying a disinterested shop to do it for me...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Ouch 5k miles 8333 km....

My XTR's have almost 30,000 km on them....yup gotta clean'em every so often (sticky pistons)....

Sounds like the seal material must be have stiffened up, or the cylinders must have gotten scored some how.

Sounds like new brakes or BTI to me.....no expericence though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    BTI is a whole sale company like QBP they will not deal with the consumer directly. They are a great company and are located in Santa Fe New Mexico. I always get great service from them and they all actually ride bikes. Any shop with a BTI account can send them in.

Singletrack Mind
    Thanks Bikerjay.

Members who have read this thread: 0