any one out there using Goodridge componnets- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. any one out there using Goodridge componnets

to upgrade you'r brake sys' specially juicy 7 do you have any feedback on them
    happy x mas

not so super...
    I have had the Goodridge lines installed for over 1 year and will have the pads in a few days. The lines are nice because they are virtually indistructable. I had an encounter with a tree that ended the life of my stock lines. They provided a nice lever feel and look good too.
    Nothing to see here.

Formerly NattyBoh74...
    yeha they are great lines. tho i havent used them on mtn bikes, but on my honda cbr motorcycle they were awesome. day and night feel

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I run Juicy Carbons with Goodridge lines.
    They are okay so far... it's a bit of faffing around to fit them.
    But once they're on - they're sweet.
    I've noticed an improved lever feel (having bled my Avids numerous times) it has given a better lever feel. And the ability to seperate the lines easily is cool too!
    My tip - heat the lines in hot water before attempting to push the barbs in!

No, that's not phonetic
    I have lots of sets of Magura Louise brakes, and one set has Goodridge lines. Once they are all "broken in" (a few months after the fresh bleed from installation) they feel pretty much like stock lines. I guess they are tough, but I have never pulled or kinked a line, so that is not a selling point yet. I'm not sure they are an upgrade performance-wise. If my stock lines were hosed, I would consider them as an aftermarket item, but otherwise I don't entirely see the point. Folks who say they can feel a difference may well have needed a bleed before the installation. They don't reduce lever mush appreciably over properly bled stock lines as far as I can tell.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I have lots of sets of Magura Louise brakes, and one set has Goodridge lines. Once they are all "broken in" (a few months after the fresh bleed from installation) they feel pretty much like stock lines. I guess they are tough, but I have never pulled or kinked a line, so that is not a selling point yet. I'm not sure they are an upgrade performance-wise. If my stock lines were hosed, I would consider them as an aftermarket item, but otherwise I don't entirely see the point. Folks who say they can feel a difference may well have needed a bleed before the installation. They don't reduce lever mush appreciably over properly bled stock lines as far as I can tell.
    That may depend upon the hoses they are replacing. I replaced my standard Shimano lines with Goodridge a couple of seasons ago and the improvement was definitely felt! However, I don't know with other brands, you may be right!

No, that's not phonetic
    I think I have heard people say they could see the Shimano lines bulge when they squeezed the master cylinder with stock lines. The stock Magura lines don't seem to be anything special, but they do the job. I also have a set of the Hope stainless braided lines and I prefer the Goodridge threaded system MUCH better. If you are looking at aftermarket bling lines, get the Goodridge.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    The pads really were an improvement over stock Avid sintered's...IMHO

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I assume you mean that Goodridge Sintered > Avid Sintered?

If so I'll change the order I have on hold and get Goodridge pads insted :-)

I already rode that
    I never seen the stock shimoo hoses buldge out when the lever was squeezed. I changed to goodridges and after some initial issues (bleeding on my part) I dont really see the need to upgrade to them unless your hoses are pinched or whatnot and can be a compromise.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

mtbr member
    I have the Goodridge lines on Juicy 7's and can't say I noticed much, if any difference in feel. They are sturdy and look good. One thing that did happen was that a small washer (rubber?) between the banjo bolt and the caliper failed. No brake fluid = no brake. Could have been an install screw up or just a freak thing as I've never heard of anyone else with that problem.
    "Pour water in the tea pot and it becomes the tea pot. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

Now... harder to kill.
    I have them on a Ventana and a Ducati and they are excellent lines. I definitely noticed a difference in brake feel, particularly when I get them really hot.
    "My Life is violent, but violence is life" - Ice T

WANTED: A 20" Yeti frameset

mtbr member
    I've got goodridge hoses on my Juicy Carbon's, you do notice a difference with the feel of the braking, well worth it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I remember Avid said that the Goodridge lines are not necissary for Juicy brakes and they would decrease modulation. So would you be able to feather the rear brake as good as with stock brake lines when doing manuals for example?

-> SickLines.com <-
    I saw yes it shouldn't be a problem if you can control your braking.

Older than I feel
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridah
    I remember Avid said that the Goodridge lines are not necissary for Juicy brakes and they would decrease modulation.
    I fail to understand how good braided steel brake lines would decrease modulation.

Not bike related, but definitely brake related - the main benefit I got from converting my car from stock rubber hoses to braided steel hoses was less pedal (lever) travel under pressure. This was because the braided hoses expand less under pressure. I dunno about you, but I think this is a good thing. Brake modulation is about controlling pressure, not lever travel. IMHO the less brake lever travel, the better.

-> SickLines.com <-
    Modulation is a vague term loosely tossed around.

Members who have read this thread: 0