alternative avid juicy bleed?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

alternative avid juicy bleed?

can avid juicy brakes be bled without using their bleed kit? can you do it shimano or hope style where you open up the reservoir cap and pump the lever?

Meh.
    No.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    No.
    It can but your answer is correct No!!
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    there are really cheap kits available on ebay that work well

Sheffield,South Yorkshire
    I can't understand why Avid complicated a simple procedure
    The whole "de-gas the fluid" crap in the video makes me laugh,in fact the entire bleed procedure on the Avid video is unnecessary maybe this is why Avids factory bleed is bad and the brakes have to be re-bled on fitting

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ibbo
    I can't understand why Avid complicated a simple procedure
    The whole "de-gas the fluid" crap in the video makes me laugh,in fact the entire bleed procedure on the Avid video is unnecessary maybe this is why Avids factory bleed is bad and the brakes have to be re-bled on fitting
    I disagree with this entirely. The avid method is perhaps the best out there. No having to laboriously flush fluid through the system with opening, closing, reopening etc etc etc etc. You efficiently pull air from each end and push new fluid through the hose. However it requires the user to have some wits and be able to read.....maybe this is why some people have trouble with it.
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

Sheffield,South Yorkshire
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRandall
    I disagree with this entirely. The avid method is perhaps the best out there. No having to laboriously flush fluid through the system with opening, closing, reopening etc etc etc etc. You efficiently pull air from each end and push new fluid through the hose. However it requires the user to have some wits and be able to read.....maybe this is why some people have trouble with it.
    I don't have a problem following the procedure.Most of it is just not necessary.Bleeding brakes is simple.I agree that the syringes make it less messy but you simply don't have to do all the crap that the video/manual suggests.

mtbr member
    Actually YES you can, I have done it, but it's a royal PITA, just buy the kit - makes life so much easier.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

...idios...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRandall
    The best out there? How can it be better to have to spend another 30 on a load of parts which should quite simply be surplus to necessity had the system been properly and sensibly designed in the first place? Why use a syringe to move fluid when the lever itself is perfectly designed to do so? Are you saying that you believe a syringe to be more efficient than the MC design?

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Actually YES you can, I have done it, but it's a royal PITA, just buy the kit - makes life so much easier.
    Technically yes, but the reservoir points towards the bar, and there is a diaphragm under the reservoir. Not exactly easy to pump and top off. Doing it this way probably is not as thorough either.

Members who have read this thread: 0