Alligator Rotors?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Alligator Rotors?

Hey,

Looking at getting some new rotors, and i want to go bigger perhaps, i ride hayes stroker trails, and enjoy the poewr they have now with the hayes rotor, but i am wondering if the alligator rotors are any good, cause they are way cheaper and i dont want to break the bank getting new rotors...

Also, anyone know a good place to get mount adapters that arent too expensive, i need hayes for a 7' rotor or 180mm rotor...oh and im not sure what adapters i would need, i ride a kona caldera with a tora 302 trail fork. i think i need IS adapters, but im not 100% sure.

Thanks
    2008 Kona Caldera

"Today I saw my own son use a bicycle as a weapon....
    I seriously thought he was going to rape me"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have the Alligator rotors. I use BB7's. As long as you use sintered brake pads I think you'll be fine. You should be able to get any IS adapter for 180mm, Shimano for example. The brand of the adapter doesn't matter.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I put 180mm Alligator rotors on my Kona Dawg Deluxe with Hayes Stroker Carbons.
    The adapters can be had from several locations. I'm not sure if I got mine from AEBike, Pricepoint or Jenson but I went ahead and stuck with Hayes.

I like the Alligator rotors as well as the Hayes but think the cutouts on both could be smaller and more numerous.

Members who have read this thread: 0