• 12-05-2010
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Alligator or Ashima rotors for Hayes Stroker Trail brakes/w stock pads?
    I am building a light carbon 1x9 HT. What rotors would work well with Hayes Stroker Trail Brakes with the stock pads? I think they are sintered pads. I am thinking Ashima or Alligator rotors. I will use 160mm front and 140mm in the rear.
  • 12-05-2010
    frdfandc
    I personally like the Alligator rotors. Been using them for 2 years on 2 different brake setups. Only one minor noise issue on my 29er. But otherwise, no problems.
  • 12-10-2010
    frank daleview
    Ashima airotors are lighter, I've also heard from many people they chew through pads quickly, but they do provide very good stoppage power.
  • 12-10-2010
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    A pair of Alligator rotors just arrived today. 160/140mm with red centers. I'm finishing the bike build tomorrow, so I'll see how they work soon. I put them an a new set of white Spinergy wheels, that also came today.
  • 02-19-2011
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    The Alligator rotors work really good!
  • 02-19-2011
    CactusJackSlade
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iceaxe
    Ashima airotors are lighter, I've also heard from many people they chew through pads quickly, but they do provide very good stoppage power.

I've been running Ashima's for over a year now... no brake pad problems and I run the organic's which should wear the fastest...