Adapter XT caliper hope rotor- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Adapter XT caliper hope rotor

Is there anyone that has an adapter to run the hope two piece rotor with regular XT caliper? I just happen to have one of their rotors and it would be nice on the front as well as the same weight. I think it is a 203mm rotor.

Thanks for any help

PS I actually went to a LBS but they said there was nothing out there to do it, but I don't always trust the folks there.

Meh.
    Are you sure it's a 203 and not a 205 or a 200?

If it's a 203, you can get the regular adapter to bump it up to 203mm and then you may need to do a little bit of grinding so that the rivets and carrier can clear the adapter.

If it's a 205 or 203 you'll have to get creative and elongate the holes so that it can slide further out. I think A2Z makes one like that.

So all you need is an adapter (Shimano or A2Z) and maybe do a little bit of custom work.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I don't have it in front of me. It is at a friends house, It must have been a 183 I think since I had it in hand at the LBS and they had no adapter. a2z still has something that will work though thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sxotty
    ....I think .....
    Hope m4 rotor is 180 and Hope Mono Mini rotor is 183. And that 3mm does make a difference in whether the caliper will fit or not.

Members who have read this thread: 0