Bike to the Bone...

About Magura Louises....

I have two questions regarding Louises...

1. Is the BAT feature worth it, or just something you set up and forget?

2. Is the Ventidisc really better than the SL rotor?

Bike to the Bone...
    What does BAT really do?

On the brakes I've had (hayes HFX 9 and Shimano XT) you adjust the lever reach using an allen key. But I think that BAT is different.

In the BAT version, does it mean you should first set up the reach via the allen key, and then use BAT to adjust something else?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    so..Chad is pushing some BATs on you?

the BAT lets you adjust the bite point (point in the lever travel where the brakes engage), it is not a reach adjust.

The Ventidiscs might cool better, but they are way heavier...go with the SL ones IMO

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    so..Chad is pushing some BATs on you?

the BAT lets you adjust the bite point (point in the lever travel where the brakes engage), it is not a reach adjust.

The Ventidiscs might cool better, but they are way heavier...go with the SL ones IMO
    Lol! Actually, he's not a pushy guy. He just have this great prices it's hard to say no. About the Ventidisc, he also says they're heavy. They might look blinger, but I don't know if I should go with the Ventidisc or with the SL. What I think that the Ventidisc might be better is to reduce rotor warp, but it might be just my imagination.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Lol! Actually, he's not a pushy guy. He just have this great prices it's hard to say no. About the Ventidisc, he also says they're heavy. They might look blinger, but I don't know if I should go with the Ventidisc or with the SL. What I think that the Ventidisc might be better is to reduce rotor warp, but it might be just my imagination.

yeah.. I know he's not pushy... just joking...

maybe the ventidisc could warp less, just out of burliness....but I'd still go for the SLs....

No, that's not phonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    In the BAT version, does it mean you should first set up the reach via the allen key, and then use BAT to adjust something else?
    Yes. There is a reach adjustment and a bite point adjustment. One moves the lever in relation to the bar, and the other independently determines the point at which the lever actuates the master cylinder.

They do interact in one way: the BAT mechanism reduces the effective range of the reach adjuster. You can no longer move the brake lever as close to the bars as you can with the non-BAT levers. I can run BAT levers fine, but I would not put them on Barny's bikes because with her small hands she would have a heck of a time reaching the brake levers.

I think the BAT is largely unnecessary.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Members who have read this thread: 0