6bolt > centerlock adapter- Mtbr.com
    1pt21Gigawatts

6bolt > centerlock adapter

So, i got a killer deal on the Marta SLs and have a DTSwiss 240 center lock hub wheelset already on the way. Since the SLs are 6bolt mounting, i have a problem...
    Has anyone had experience in this adapter realm?
    Is it ok to run these adapters?? Should i return the wheels, or would the adapter be ok?
    If the adapters work well, any recommendations on which?
    currently...

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    the adapter will be fine... actually when you get complete wheelsets from DT swiss, they come with centerlock hubs and the adapters already to give you both choices...

I think the DT adapter is the best one, but you can also get a Magura or Problem Solvers one...

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I bought the DT adapters to use the Avid G2 cleansweeps on my XTR hubs. I went with the more expensive DT ones because at the time the only ones I knew of where the A2Z ones, and IMHO they looked like ass.

The DT ones fit perfect, and they're pretty light. HOWEVER, there is some play between the hub and the adapter that you can feel when you hold the front brake lever, and rock the bike front to back (like when you're checking the headset for proper pre-load). You can also see the tire move in relation to the fork arch. Its not alot, and you never feel it when riding, but its there. And yes, the lockrings are tight.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownCivic
    I bought the DT adapters to use the Avid G2 cleansweeps on my XTR hubs. I went with the more expensive DT ones because at the time the only ones I knew of where the A2Z ones, and IMHO they looked like ass.

The DT ones fit perfect, and they're pretty light. HOWEVER, there is some play between the hub and the adapter that you can feel when you hold the front brake lever, and rock the bike front to back (like when you're checking the headset for proper pre-load). You can also see the tire move in relation to the fork arch. Its not alot, and you never feel it when riding, but its there. And yes, the lockrings are tight.
    Are you sure it is the adaptors? I get a slight amount of movement like that because of the pads moving in the caliper.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Ya, I'm sure. I took off the centrelock ring and was able to move the adapter the prescribed amount. The splines are not a tight enough fit. I guess if there was no slop whatsoever (clearance I guess) then the adapters would weld themselves to the hubs, and never come off.

1pt21Gigawatts
    thanks all!!
    I will look for the DTSwiss adapters then.

Here's a question, what other rotors will the MartaSLs accept? I am hoping that maybe there is a centerlock rotor which will be able to replace the 6bolt...
    currently...

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by plucks
    thanks all!!
    I will look for the DTSwiss adapters then.

Here's a question, what other rotors will the MartaSLs accept? I am hoping that maybe there is a centerlock rotor which will be able to replace the 6bolt...
    The only non Shimano centerlock rotors I know (Shimanos usually have a "too narrow" braking track for other brands) are the new Magura Ventidisc rotors (they are heavier than the SL rotors though )

Members who have read this thread: 0