5mm brake hose crimps (for Elixer)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2005

5mm brake hose crimps (for Elixer)

I have replacement Avid brake hose from JensonUSA. It will only fit Juicy style calipers with the O--- style fitting on the caliper end. I want to make them fit my Elixers.

1. Has anyone done this?

2. I can get a local hydralic hose place to crimp the 5mm hose with a proper sized"

Barrel?
    Crimp housing?

Whatever that metal piece is called that has been crimped with a high pressure circular crimp.

What is it called??

Then,,

3. Does anyone know of a vendor for these pieces in the USA? (I am hesitant in calling that brake place in the UK)

PB

Meh.
    Why didn't you buy the proper hose to start with?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Disc hoses have one 'cuttable' end and one 'uncuttable' end to them. There are two issues here. One, you are trying to cut the uncuttable end, and two you are trying to get a completely different attachment that will fit on the opposite side of the calliper. As the uncuttable end of the hose is not designed as a replaceable bit, it is unlikely you'll ever find it as a spare part. You could, of course, attempt to gouge the hose out of the old hose you are replacing....but that sounds too much like hard work.

The other option is talking to a bike shop and them ordering the correct part from the local distributor....hell you could get them to fit/bleed it too
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

mtbr member
    May 2005
    https://www.jensonusa.com/store/prod...+For+Avid.aspx

I swear it did not say for Juicy 7s before. Anyway, the hose is one long piece with two banjo ends, a bag with compression collars and nuts, through bolts and o-rings. Quite a nice kit for 20 bucks.

So, what I need is centered in this picture.

and I do not need to replace the current hoses, I just want white hoses to match the white cables, white frame, white PBO spokes on the Spinergy wheels I will get some day soon.

So, if you can help let me know....all I need is two or three of those crimps and I can do the rest with some help from a custom hydraulic hose making shop near my home.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PB Matrix
    So, if you can help let me know....all I need is two or three of those crimps and I can do the rest with some help from a custom hydraulic hose making shop near my home.
    I worked at a hydraulic shop, and I can tell you, 100% certain, that if you can find a shop that has a brakequip setup, they will have SOMETHING that can work. issue is what size will that something be?

You're looking for a crush collar (amongst about a million names they can be called), and those can be hard to locate in small sizes. I voice with the guys above with find a white elixir line. Maybe give SRAM a call?

Meh.
    Slide white heat shrink tubing over the existing brake line.

Done.

um hmmm
    Nov 2009
    Elixir Hydraulic Line Kit 2000mm, White Qty 1 SRAM part No. 11.5015.056.010

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Neverfree,

Thanks!

XSL,

I thought about doing that, but that would be to easy.

I'm going to put into my 6 month project box, if I can't find crimp collars in that time I'll order the white hoses.

Members who have read this thread: 0