2010 Formula pad bite adjustment???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2003

2010 Formula pad bite adjustment???

So . . .

trying to figure out which 2010 Formula brakes have pad bite adjustment.

The Formula website is less than helpful (even the manuals were no help).

Looking possibly at getting R1s or "The One" but I'm a stickler and need to have a pad bite adjustment.

2009 "The One" had the adjustment and had that big knob.

2010 is not so clear.

Do the 2010 Formula R1 or Formula "The One" have the pad contact adjustment feature??

(Holy Crap these things are expensive)

LA CHÈVRE
    R1 dont have it, the new The One either... I have the R1 and dont miss it though. I had Oro Puro before and frankly, I thought the adjustment wasn't very noticable and a bit useless IMO.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    R1 dont have it, the new The One either... I have the R1 and dont miss it though. I had Oro Puro before and frankly, I thought the adjustment wasn't very noticable and a bit useless IMO.
    Really? I have two sets of 2009 Formula K24 and one set of Formula Mega and I can't imaging using those brakes without pad adjustment.

The lever throw changes dramatically as pads wear down, unlike other brands (Magura, for example) and I would have to replace pads when they are less than 50% worn if I couldn't adjust the bite point. Maybe the new One, R1, and RX behave differently in this respect, I don't know.

I am in the market for a new set of lightweight stoppers for my endurance race bike (I have 4 year old Marta SL on it now but they need to be bled constantly and have become pretty unreliable) and have been looking at the R1 as a possibility.

LA CHÈVRE
    When the lever throw changes on the R1, the pads are worn out, much beyond 50% and change them fast if you don't want the backing plates to wear the rotors down...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Members who have read this thread: 0