2008 Magura Louise- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2008 Magura Louise

Magura's new Louise stumbled into the front door today. It appears that they're going to keep last years design (which has been a favorite hydraulic brake of mine for a while) around for a while longer until these are a proven winner. The 2008's have numerous differences mainly the fact they've designed the caliper as a two piece, which should make the maintenence of the pistons a possibility. Most other design differences appear to be cost effective changes which have effectively brought the price of the brake system down a whopping $45 per wheel compared to last years unit.

some pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images

There's no app for this.

can you

tell me where you got them from? I need to order soon. Tx, Jim MCM #11

~~~~~~~~
    my issue with the 07 BAT levers was I couldn't adjust the reach in close enough, this is compared to my older Louise FR's. Do you know if this has been corrected?

There's no app for this.

this might work

I don't know Louise well, but several of us have fixed Gustav reach issues this way: filing down the contact point. Jimi from Magura actually did mine at Whizzler a few years aback as I was "tools challenged" at the time.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...29624#poststop

--> see last paragraph by Noel.

Good luck, Jim

mtbr member
    Airwreck..... i measured the amount of lever positioning to be approx 3/4 inch of placement. I'm guessing that the old BAT adjuster was just swapped for an inside of the lever allen bolt and the reach adjustment is similiar to the 07' Louise BAT.

Jim C.....we can help you out with the brake purchase. We've got a bunch in stock.

later, chad

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    great pics, Chad!

those look sweet!

and B+W too
    ooops double post :S

and B+W too
    Great pics nwmtb!

I have 2007 Louise's on my bike and think the 2008 looks very interesting indeed. nwmtb, have you got the OEM version as supplied to bike manufacturers?

What I really like about the 2008 is the easy bleed connector on the lever, I think that's a great idea. Not so sure about the heat dissipator connection yet

Good Luck nwmtb, I'm hoping you'll post how you get on with them, not least setting the lever positioning

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlueGreen
    Great pics nwmtb!

I have 2007 Louise's on my bike and think the 2008 looks very interesting indeed. nwmtb, have you got the OEM version as supplied to bike manufacturers?

What I really like about the 2008 is the easy bleed connector on the lever, I think that's a great idea. Not so sure about the heat dissipator connection yet

Good Luck nwmtb, I'm hoping you'll post how you get on with them, not least setting the lever positioning

RBG....the Louise that you see here came from the full brake kit, and not OEM. I do like to order my rotor kits seperately though.

as for the chore of bleeding the brakes. I never really thought that vacuuming the excess fluid out of the MC on the 07' Louise was really too difficult, but i do agree that the new bleed port is a pretty nice feature.

There's no app for this.

thanks...

must check with the boss to make sure it's OK to proceed, you know the drill

Jim MCM #11

~~~~~~~~
    good one, thanks JimC.
    called magura about this but got a new guy who didn't know and haven't heard back from them. Not sure if I want to do this to the levers or just get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC.
    I don't know Louise well, but several of us have fixed Gustav reach issues this way: filing down the contact point. Jimi from Magura actually did mine at Whizzler a few years aback as I was "tools challenged" at the time.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...29624#poststop

--> see last paragraph by Noel.

Good luck, Jim

and B+W too
    nwmtb, thanks for the reply. I haven't had the pleasure of bleeding my Louise's yet but hope it won't be too painful I've bought the Magura service kit and when I need to, I can bleed away.

Re the lever reach of your new Louise's, I don't know if you've seen this thread but hope it's of some help:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2657700

No, that's not phonetic
    Sorry for dragging this back to life, but I missed it the first time due to a certain little Utah road trip.

Anyway, Chad, can you toss a caliper/hose/lever set on a scale? I am wondering if the new hardware and design bumped the weight much. Preferably without a rotor and without adapter hardware- just the bare caliper. Thanks mang.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member

weights for U

Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Sorry for dragging this back to life, but I missed it the first time due to a certain little Utah road trip.

Anyway, Chad, can you toss a caliper/hose/lever set on a scale? I am wondering if the new hardware and design bumped the weight much. Preferably without a rotor and without adapter hardware- just the bare caliper. Thanks mang.

2008 Louise weights:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0