A wheelist

2007 Magura stuff

Lonnie from Magura USA sent me this information about the new stuff for 2007. Check it out!

Welcome also to Magura USA new guy - Austin. He's available to us for help and information - austin@magurausa.com
    Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilders with information and motivation.

I-S
    Magurified
    Menja... the new Asgard it seems? A shame that there's no replacement for phaon, as Odur seems more akin to Vidar. Laurin looks good, but I think in principle I prefer the adjustability of Ronin.

Still, seems that people are starting to take notice of Magura forks, and the brakes go from strength to strength. Nice.

Baby Bear is in the house
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T.
    Lonnie from Magura USA sent me this information about the new stuff for 2007. Check it out!

Welcome also to Magura USA new guy - Austin. He's available to us for help and information - austin@magurausa.com
    They finally did away with the regular Louise and Lousie FR designations [difference in color ]. That new Louise looks pretty good though. Why no msrp for it?
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Sedona, Az USA
    Lonnie, Jeff and Austin are good peeps. The Laurin fork looks sweet, i like the D.A.D.
    thanks for posting that up!!

mtbr member

Interesting names

King Laurin was a dwarf with a magic girdle??? I would've loved to have been in that conference room when they decided the name for that fork...

"El Whatever"
    Cool stuff, Mike!

I agree with Isaac that the Phaon didn't got a direct replacement. So far my Phaon is going very strong, so I'll wait until 2008 line I guess.

My Julies are also going strong but ageing... A pair of Louises would look fine on my Switchblade.

Austin is a very cool dude to deal with. A rider like us. We were closing an order via mail and he broke the ice dropping in some riding notes... really cool guy!

PS.... did you noted that the brochure says to look for Magura stuff on Titus and Spech bikes? Well, my bike is a Titus and I have Magura fork and brakes!
    Check my Site

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    Austin is a very cool dude to deal with. A rider like us. We were closing an order via mail and he broke the ice dropping in some riding notes... really cool guy!
    At the risk of wrecking your retinas (my eyes! my eyes!) heeeeeeer's Lonnie & Austin (l-r) -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilders with information and motivation.

No, that's not phonetic
    Those new rotors are heavy.

My video techniques can be found in this thread.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Those new rotors are heavy.
    And fugly.

_MK

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Tscheezy

Never criticize the holy grail known as Magura. The new rotors are not heavy they are strong. Please note this for future posts. The only bigger homers on the planet are Turner freaks (myself included).

Jaybo

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    And fugly.

_MK
    Couldn't agree more. Magura stuff is not the best looking around. But that's the only thing that comes to my mind to criticize them.
    Check my Site

Members who have read this thread: 0