mtbr member
    Mar 2008

07 Magura Louise Carbon Vs 08 XT

I'm looking to upgrade and lower weight on my 04 stinky which has the 04 hayes on it, just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the latest XT brake set versus last years Magura Louise Carbon.

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lubike
    I'm looking to upgrade and lower weight on my 04 stinky which has the 04 hayes on it, just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the latest XT brake set versus last years Magura Louise Carbon.

Thanks
    I have shimano BR-M775 disc brakes on my bike.
    I am very happy with them,easy setup, good modulation, awesome braking force.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

If I had to choose between the two, I'd get

some Formula K24's or Da One's. Get a F180/R160 rotor combination as a minimum on any brake you buy. The increase from a 160 to a 180mm rotor will give you more leverage and more heat dissipation.

Formula's have great levers, great rotors, great sinistered pads, great calipers and great engineering. That rotor on the Louise is silly at best. Why would you want two pieces when one will do. It's just another area for slop. IMO.

Cheers,

Kane

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I am looking at those two because they are cheap on ebay right now and I need to find deals, can't really afford to go over $250. The Maguras include two one piece 160 mm rotors, could I use my 203 hayes rotor with the Magura caliper on the front or are they incompatible?

Members who have read this thread: 0