02 Flak Jacket vs 03 Flak Jacket cables?- Mtbr.com
    HeadFishHeadMonger
    Jan 2004

02 Flak Jacket vs 03 Flak Jacket cables?

Is there any difference between the 02 and 03 flak jacket brake cables? I just got a set from pricepoint and they say 02 on the package?

Some posts talk about a change in the flak jacket cables and the newer ones are better, but what year exactly is the newer ones?

Thanks,

Berardino

crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by baratta930
    Is there any difference between the 02 and 03 flak jacket brake cables? I just got a set from pricepoint and they say 02 on the package?

Some posts talk about a change in the flak jacket cables and the newer ones are better, but what year exactly is the newer ones?

Thanks,

Berardino
    Pricepoint sent me 2 different types too, 5 months ago. I didn't have enough of the brake housing for a full run on my Heckler, so I went hunting for some more locally. I did see some of the smoother housing in a derailleur kit at a shop, I *think* it is the older version.

Another shop actually had some bulk Flak Jacket brake housing, in the older version matching what Pricepoint sent me. I got 10 feet for $5, score! So I wind up with the older version on my brakes and the newer version on derailleurs.

I have yet to see any of the knurled type in the brake version (the derailleur housing in the pic actually feels knurled), I have spent enough on housing for 1 bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

New question here. Another shop actually had some bulk Flak Jacket brake housing

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Biker
    Another shop actually had some bulk Flak Jacket brake housing, in the older version matching what Pricepoint sent me. I got 10 feet for $5, score! So I wind up with the older version on my brakes and the newer version on derailleurs.
    What shop is that?

Members who have read this thread: 0