TeamElite hardtail updates?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2018

TeamElite hardtail updates?

Anyone have any idea of when BMC will get around to updating their hardtail TeamElite? Their geometry and spec on those bikes is just embarrassing in this day and age. Still using 142 rear spacing, super steep head tube angle. Just overall no compelling reason to get one compared to other brands. Id like to have one to go with my 2020 Fourstroke, but Ill be looking elsewhere for a hardtail it seems. Id love them to keep the Fourstoke geometry and front triangle tube shapes and just make a solid rear end. That would be a great bike. If anyone has a scoop, that would be very helpful!

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jlm0976 View Post
    Anyone have any idea of when BMC will get around to updating their hardtail TeamElite? Their geometry and spec on those bikes is just embarrassing in this day and age. Still using 142 rear spacing, super steep head tube angle. Just overall no compelling reason to get one compared to other brands. Id like to have one to go with my 2020 Fourstroke, but Ill be looking elsewhere for a hardtail it seems. Id love them to keep the Fourstoke geometry and front triangle tube shapes and just make a solid rear end. That would be a great bike. If anyone has a scoop, that would be very helpful!
    From the looks of Julien Absalon instagram BMC has a new hardtail called the Twostroke. Probably have announcement this week for Twostroke and updated specs for fourstroke.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Thanks for the info Hroot, I'm looking forward to seeing what they release. I'm hoping for modern geometry like the Fourstroke, able to fit 2 water bottles, either have the same RAD dropper as the Fourstroke, or the ability to fit an aftermarket dropper, and tire clearance at least up to 2.4". That would be the perfect companion bike to the Fourstroke. Let's see what they release, but fingers crossed this will check all the boxes. Thanks again!