2021 BMC TwoStroke Thread - pictures and builds- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2018

2021 BMC TwoStroke Thread - pictures and builds

Hey guys, I had posted a thread a few weeks ago asking if BMC would be updating the TeamElite Hardtail, and last week we got the answer with the TwoStroke.

I think BMC got the geometry perfect, the build specs are good, and the price range is well covered. I'd say the only area where I was sorely disappointed was the D-shaped 27.2 seatpost on the carbon builds.

I really wish they would have used the same RAD dropper as the Fourstroke, or at least used the more common 30.9 seatpost spec, which would have given way more dropper post options in the aftermarket.

At this point, not 100% sure I'm going to get a Twostroke or not, but for those who do, I just created this thread to post pictures and build specs, as well as any thoughts on its ride quality, etc..

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I am very interested in the 2 stroke and wondering what real world tire clearance is like. They list the tire clearance at only 58mm(like a 2.25). I am hoping it will clear a proper 2.35 like nobby nic?

Anyone seen one in person?

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    I already saw the Twostroke One and the bike is beautiful, amazing paint job and nice parts.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    If you want to watch grass grow - or Jordan Sarrou of Team Absolute Absalon's BMC Twostroke being built up -, then

might be worth your while.

Loving the looks, but cannot justify N+1 living next to my 2020 BMC Fourstroke

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Ah, and a "test" from Italy, which has some nice footage of the bike itself.

https://youtu.be/zRK9-dS8HX0

Turn on CC and enable auto-translation (to English) - it seems to come out like 80% correct. Mind-boggling.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    I ended up ordering the Twostroke One last week. Iíll post pictures of the build once I get it. Have a few changes I plan to make for the fork, wheels and brakes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jlm0976 View Post
    I ended up ordering the Twostroke One last week. Iíll post pictures of the build once I get it. Have a few changes I plan to make for the fork, wheels and brakes.
    Did you get an ETA? Just curious because Iím thinking about ordering one of these.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    End of Sept. for an XL is what my dealer said.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jlm0976 View Post
    End of Sept. for an XL is what my dealer said.
    Thanks for the info, I tried to order one through a BMC dealer but they wanted me to come in just to put a deposit down for order and they couldn't even pull up dealer inventory.

Unfortunately they were too far of a drive for all the back and forth so I ended up snagging a Epic HT.

Maybe when some twostroke end user reviews come out I'll be sad with the decision...hahahaha