2020 BMC Fourstroke 01 Frameset Shock???- Mtbr.com
    Always pushing harder!!!

2020 BMC Fourstroke 01 Frameset Shock???

Hi all,

I just ordered a new BMC Fourstroke 01 frameset to build and replace my 2016 Fourstroke. Iíve looked everywhere and even called BMC USA to no avail on this...what rear shock does the frameset come with? I know it is a Fox DPS Trunion etc, etc, etc...but is it a 2 Pos Remote or 3 Pos Remote? I canít find that answer anywhere!!!!

Any help on this? I need to buy a fork that matches de shock on Remote Pos...

Cheers everybody!

chasing simplicity
    Is there such a thing as a Fox 3 position remote? I thought all their remotes were just open and closed?
    Never underestimate an old man with a mountain bike.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    i have a 3 ways now on my 2019 and it works in 3 positions for fork and shock.

Sid Ultimate and Fox trunion

FIRENZE rulez !!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Always pushing harder!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by eliflap View Post
    i have a 3 ways now on my 2019 and it works in 3 positions for fork and shock.

Sid Ultimate and Fox trunion
    Did you build this bike from just a frameset? How did you get Rockshox Ultimate for 3 Pos? Scott custom damper? I ask this because Iím really interested in a Rockshox SID Ultimate instead of a Fox Float. Plus, I already have that same DT Swiss lever brand new in a box...

Thanks for your response!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIRENZE rulez !!
    My bike was assembled and used from a bike shop owner. I got it used.
    Stock rear shock and a tuned Sid ( at the shop there is a special unit for fork tuning ).

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    BMC Switzerland must be able to help you. This is the data for my FOX Shock that came with the black frameset: 2019 DPS Float Trunnion 185x50mm, F-S, K, Remote Up, Evol LV, PTL, 0.8 Spacer, 20x8mm hardware. Important to remember it is push-to-lock so the fork must also be push-to-lock. Shock is 3-position, works great with 2-position fork. Stock air volume spacer in shock is 0.8. Recommend trying smaller spacer to get a bit less progressive feel. At 79kg I am using 0.4. I am also using the Scott Twin Lock with integrated dropper remote. Works great

Always pushing harder!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRidealong View Post
    BMC Switzerland must be able to help you. This is the data for my FOX Shock that came with the black frameset: 2019 DPS Float Trunnion 185x50mm, F-S, K, Remote Up, Evol LV, PTL, 0.8 Spacer, 20x8mm hardware. Important to remember it is push-to-lock so the fork must also be push-to-lock. Shock is 3-position, works great with 2-position fork. Stock air volume spacer in shock is 0.8. Recommend trying smaller spacer to get a bit less progressive feel. At 79kg I am using 0.4. I am also using the Scott Twin Lock with integrated dropper remote. Works great
    This helps...

How come bike manufacturers sell you a frame with a 3 Pos Remote shock and nowadays almost all forks are 2 Pos Remote? This baffles me. My new frame arrives in two weeks and the only thing not ordered yet is the fork...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I too considered going for 2-position push-to-unlock(PTU) front and rear but the frame really benefits having the middle/trail position. I found the middle position on the fork pointless. In a 3-pos system the 2-pos fork will be open in middle pos. Perfect for me. 2019/20 fork is also easier/cheaper to rebuild from PTU to PTL than rear shock. I believe reason for FOX going for PTU is less trouble with wire and spring returning. There is a bit of maintenance to keep PTL running smooth. Unfortunately no PTU 3-pos system is available yet.

Always pushing harder!!!
    In the past Fourstrokes that I have owned (3), my best riding/felling has always been on the Mid setting of a 3 Position fork/shock. I've never had a 2 Position fork/shock.