mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Revelate Dyneema experience?

Thinking of upgrading my bags, frame and handlebar. On a Cutthroat, and currently use the Salsa frame bag (I would like something with a bit more volume), and porcelain rocket handlebar bag (I really want to get a harness type). The revelate stuff looks good, and I am intrigued by the new Dyneema products (I'm trying to keep things as light as possible within reason). The online reviews so far look pretty good - anybody out there with real world experience? Is the premium you pay worth it?

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Just set up the the new Revelate dyneema bag on my cutthroat. The salsa bag I had fell apart. Never liked it anyway. It had crap for volume and the zipper sucked. The new Revelate bag is looking good! I appreciate how it bolts on, the salsa bag tore the sh!t out of my frame so it looks like crap now. It is substantially bigger, but still has an internal Velcro to keep it from becoming a pumpkin. The zipper is light years better! I can hold about 200% more gear in my frame now and still have good clearance. The salsa exp frame bag was really garbage. The Revelate is wort the $$!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    So you're saying you don't like the Salsa bag, lol? All things considered, the Revelate looks like a solid deal (although I'll have to swallow the horrible USD-CDN exchange rate). The pronghorn handlebar bag looks good, but I don't know, I'm still leaning toward the Salsa version with the clamps - I just like the idea of getting some space between the bag and the bars.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    As much as didnít care for the frame bag, I do like the salsa front bag cradle. It is rock solid and gives a very nice spacing with drop bars. Itís only drawback is weight, the clamps are pretty overbuilt. The salsa dedicated front drybag is ok. If I were to do it again Iíd just get the cradle and separately source a dyneema bag for it.