Jones Plus 24" - non Revelate/Jones Bag options- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Jones Plus 24" - non Revelate/Jones Bag options

Has anyone used other frame bags on the Jones Plus? What bag and if so how did you like it?

I'm seeking alternative options to the Revelate/Jones co-branded bags. I've had several Tangles in the past and one Ranger and they have all been great bags; but I like trying out new things as well, so lets see what you've done!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Custom? There are a whole slew of options (see sticky for many options), many that have rave reviews. Personally, I sew my own, but I get that isn't for everyone.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rides Bikes View Post
    Has anyone used other frame bags on the Jones Plus? What bag and if so how did you like it?

I'm seeking alternative options to the Revelate/Jones co-branded bags. I've had several Tangles in the past and one Ranger and they have all been great bags; but I like trying out new things as well, so lets see what you've done!
    Not sure what your reasons are for not wanting them, but I can vouch for the co-branded bags. My wife and I both have full revelate setups with the co branded frame and fork bags, along with the h bar bag. I think they are fantastic! The fork bags are huge and fit perfectly once you figure out the straps. The quality is top notch although they are not cheap. We are living on our bikes for a few years and are very happy with them. I know it's not the answer you asked for but maybe it might help someone else.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Nothing against the jones bags but I second the vote for DIY bags. I haven't made a frame bag yet but plan on doing so in the near future. In the mean time I've modified my military surplus tool bag for the handlebars and am stitching up a small bag for the fork area from an old pair of jeans. I feel its good practice so I don't mess up on the frame bag later on. Jones Plus 24" - non Revelate/Jones Bag options-screen-shot-2017-12-07-8.19.51-pm.jpg
    Jones Plus 24" - non Revelate/Jones Bag options-screen-shot-2017-12-07-8.21.31-pm.jpg

saddlemeat
    I use a large Rogue Panda bar bag, it straps up tight to the bar and doesn't rub my head tube. It is very stable, even on the roughest babyhead crap.
    I ride with the best dogs.

mtbr member
    Donít have a Jones but have 2 sets of custom bags by Bedrock Bags and the bags are stellar and customer service is excellent. They are great guys to work with and their innovations on seatbags are fantastic. They have a dropper compatible and the anti wag rail wing is simple and very effective. I have no relationship with them beyond being a satisfied customer.

seedub

Jones/Rev bags work well

Jones Plus 24" - non Revelate/Jones Bag options-20170710_130251-1280x720-.jpg

A year and several trips on the Jones bags and I really like them. They stay put on the truss fork and can hold more you would think. Pictured when I had a rear rack on for a 100% (bad) road 4 day trip, usually run a seat bag. All that being said I understand the desire to DIY and wish I had the focus for playing with designs. Please update when you put something together!
    you may have come before us on no bicycle, but that does not say you know everything.